£28,000 - £35,000
Who we are
Imosphere provides pioneering technology solutions to the health and social care sector. We build software that powers research and improves lives. Our software is used across multiple territories and domains - from Scotland to California, from mental health to cancer research.
As an SME of approximately 40 people headquartered in Nottingham, our flexible working policy enables people to work from anywhere that enables them to get the job done. We have core hours of 10:00-15:00 Monday-Friday to enable us to find time to collaborate, but are flexible outside of these hours as long as we are meeting the needs of our customers and our team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join us. We want someone who isn’t intimidated by data-driven, sophisticated software, but instead relishes the challenge. We’re looking for a Front End Developer who values communication and collaborative approaches to finding the right solution, and is willing and excited to learn new skills and share their knowledge with others.
We are looking for someone keen to develop and share their ideas with the team; someone who isn’t just about the code but also interested in the “why” and, ultimately, who can help us in our vision to make health and care profoundly better by bringing people’s information to life.
This position is available as either Nottingham office-based, remote (UK) or a hybrid model where you can choose the right amount of time in the office for you. We support flexible working in many forms - we have a flexible day (core hours only 10:00-15:00), we support condensed hours, 9 day fortnights and part-time (where appropriate).
You will work in a team on our product suite, with a Solutions Architect, and will work closely with all our Software Engineers and others to ensure we deliver quality, robust software solutions.
We focus mainly on on-premise solutions in the Microsoft stack and we are in the process of creating a cloud-based analytics application.
We would expect you to:
- Work collaboratively to ensure that all aspects of the project are delivered as planned.
- Understand and document business requirements and goals for the project and work accordingly.
- To assist in the implementation of new developments in the software from prototypes and hi-fidelity mock ups
- Be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
- Deliver clean and structured code which is well tested and consistently error free.
- Follow consistent standards and approaches throughout the team and offer suggestions and improvements to those processes.
- Utilise industry standard software development tools such as source control, automated deployment and automated testing where appropriate.
- Ability to communicate verbally and visually then presenting approaches undertaken when designing for our software
- Focus on software quality, ensuring that deliverables are complete, deployable and accompanied by all appropriate documentation and supporting functionality.
What do we use?
Share this job
What's in it for you?
Working with us, you can expect
Flexible working location At home.. A coffee shop.. A cabin in the woods.. Our offices based in Nottingham's city centre. Work wherever suits you best.
Flexible working Set your own schedule either side of our core hours (10am to 3pm). Want to work condensed hours, a 9 day fortnight - all possible.
Equipment and software The right tools for the job. We'll provide everything that you need to do your job.
Training budget A professional development budget that's owned by you for use on courses, conferences, books or magazines. It's yours to further your development.
Annual leave 33 days leave including Christmas 'shut down' and bank holidays. With additional buy/sell holiday scheme.
Social events Company run social events including summer social and festive fun days.
Maternity/paternity We offer a matched statutory maternity/paternity payment.
Pension scheme A competitive pension scheme matching contributions up to 6%.
Private healthcare Get cashback on dental and optical treatments, and more.
Volunteer day A paid annual volunteer day, helping you to support your community.
Savings and freebies Get discounts at lots of retailers with our Perkbox membership.