Senior Software Tester
Imosphere provides pioneering technology solutions to the health and social care sector. We build software that powers research and improves lives. Our software is used across multiple territories and domains - from Scotland to California, from mental health to cancer research.
We are looking for an experienced Software Tester to to join our award winning, well-established software company, based in Nottingham city centre. We want someone who isn’t intimidated by data driven, sophisticated software but instead relishes the challenge. We’re looking for a person who is passionate about testing and automation, who values communication and collaborative approaches to finding the right solution, and is willing and excited to learn new skills and share their knowledge with others.
This isn’t a business-as-usual position - we want someone who will develop and innovate with their team and help us in our vision is to make health and care profoundly better by bringing people’s information to life.
Working mainly in the HaRA (Health and Research Analytics) business unit, you will report to the Software Test Lead and work closely with other members of the test team, the development team and other members of the company to ensure we deliver quality, robust software solutions.
- Plan and produce test criteria, conditions and scripts for testing in accordance with the software testing strategy.
- Carry out risk based functional, regression, system, and integration testing as required to deliver safe and high-quality software releases.
- Develop, support and maintain test automation frameworks that provide a foundation for reliable, robust and resilient test automation that can be integrated into a CI/CD pipeline or executed separately and delivers consistent and accurate results.
- Help oversee all software testing activities including functional, performance, security, usability and accessibility testing.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that all aspects of the project are delivered as planned.
- Identify potential technical risks and communicate them to the appropriate person.
- Utilise industry standard tools such as source control and automated testing where appropriate.
- Contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems.
- Ensure both internal and external communication is at an excellent and professional level.
- Expand your product knowledge as well as ensuring the required knowledge within the test team is effective, and that the team adhere to current test processes and best practice
- Ensure that time is spent offering constructive advice and training to team members.
- Continually develop personal knowledge of software testing skills and industry by making best use of the training resources available, including the internet, books and the organisation’s training budget.
- Freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
- Coach/mentor colleagues in relevant skills.
Security Standards and Data Protection
- Maintain awareness of latest data protection and security threats and to mitigate against these risks with known industry standards.
- Follow internal information security procedures and identify potential omissions through the appropriate channels.
- Raise information security event reports following the company’s event reporting process.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- A senior level software tester with an advanced level (knowledge and experience) of testing processes and methodologies used in the company’s products and beyond.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a passion for software testing and quality.
- Experienced in testing data, not just applications.
- Experienced in automated testing, with the ability to bring that experience to bear.
- Skilled in using SQL to query complex databases.
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce high quality written documentation.
- Proactive and highly organised, with a demonstrable ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong time management and planning skills with ability to work within a project management framework.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
- Strong experience in test automation development planning, preparation, coding, testing, execution, and reporting.
- Azure DevOps (previously known as TFS), CI/CD pipelines, source control.
- Knowledge of Azure and cloud based solutions.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary for this role ranges between £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
- 22 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas Shut Down Period
- Regular training sessions and access to CPD budget
- Flexible working available
- City centre Nottingham office with some car parking
- Income Protection Insurance
- Perkbox membership
- Bupa cashback
- Pension contributions matched to 6%
How to Apply
If this role appeals to you, please send through a CV with brief paragraph about why you want to work at Imosphere to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description sets out the scope of the role, together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their Line Manager.