Imosphere provides pioneering technology solutions to the health and social care sector. We build software that powers research and improves lives. Our software is used across multiple territories and domains - from Scotland to California, from mental health to cancer research.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our award-winning, well-established software company, based in Nottingham city centre. We want people who aren’t intimidated by data-driven, sophisticated software, but instead relish the challenge. We’re looking for Software Engineers who value communication and collaborative approaches to finding the right solution, and are willing and excited to learn new skills and share their knowledge with others.
We are looking for people keen to develop and share their ideas with the team; people who aren’t just about the code but also interested in the “why” and, ultimately, who can help us in our vision to make health and care profoundly better by bringing people’s information to life.
These positions are available as either Nottingham office-based (when we are able to be back full time) or working from home. Travel to Nottingham Head Office for some team meetings and training may be required in the future.
Working in one of our Business Units, you will work in a small team reporting to a Solutions Architect, and will work closely with our Software Engineers, the Test Team, the Customer Experience Team, and other members of the company to ensure we deliver quality, robust software solutions. Currently our products are on-premise solutions, but we are in the process of creating a SaaS product.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that all aspects of the project are delivered as planned.
- Understand and document business requirements and goals for the project and work accordingly.
- Be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
- Deliver clean and structured code which is well tested and consistently error free.
- Utilise industry standard software development tools such as source control, automated deployment and automated testing where appropriate.
- Support the Test Team in providing sufficient and clear information to support testing their work, and in testing deliverables wherever required.
- On completion of probation, the option to join the paid on-call rota is available.
- Continually develop personal knowledge of software development skills and the industry by making best use of the training resources available, including the internet, books and the organisation’s training budget.
- Freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
Security Standards and Data Protection
- Maintain awareness of latest data protection and security threats and to mitigate against these risks with known industry standards.
- Follow internal information security procedures and identify potential omissions through the appropriate channels.
- Raise information security event reports following the company’s event reporting process.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Experienced in problem solving and debugging.
- Skilled in using SQL.
- Exposure to source control and working as a team, including taking part in code reviews.
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written documentation.
- Strong time management and planning skills with ability to work within a project management framework.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Knowledge of best practices in the full software development life cycle.
- Experience of working with complex systems.
- Experience of requirements analysis and design.
- Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of Azure and cloud-based solutions.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary for this role ranges between £26,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
- 22 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas Shut Down Period
- Regular training sessions and access to CPD budget
- Flexible working available
- City centre Nottingham office with some car parking
- Income Protection Insurance
- Perkbox membership
- Bupa cashback
- Pension contributions matched to 6%
How to Apply
If this role appeals to you, please send through a CV with brief paragraph about why you want to work at Imosphere to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description sets out the scope of the role, together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their Line Manager.